A few weeks ago we were at war with a mouse. He was causing quite a ruckus, but got stuck in the basement and our neighbor came and saved the day by removing him. I thought the war was over, but that little bugger took down one of men from the grave! Actually it was one of my girls…
Bailey and I were in the basement making Care Packages for the Troops. She is always my little helper. I realized she had vanished which is odd when I have the slim jim box open! I went upstairs in search of her and she was in a panic in the kitchen. I forgot that I had a glue trap near the washing machine and she got her paw stuck in the glue.
I yelled for the two legged to come and help remove the trap. Luckily it was somewhat easy to remove and Bailey is fine. She was more scared of the trap touching her vs. it actually doing an damage to her paw. I of course called poison control to verify that the chemicals in the glue were not toxic to dogs. The operator who I think knows me by name said not to worry. The chemicals are toxic to smaller animals and if ingested could cause an issue, but a glue trap stuck on a paw for 5 minutes does not require a trip to the ER. Bailey says that mouse better hope she doesn’t run into him on the street!